Friday, October 28, 2011

A Yellow Apron 10!

Beef Skewers with Soynut Butter Sauce

I made this dish awhile ago, but am finally getting a chance to post about it!  The official Yellow Apron Taste Tester (C., the boyfriend) gave this dish a 10.  It was delicious, and super easy.  As you have probably realized by the types of dishes I typically write about, I'm not much a meat eater/cooker.  I always get nervous with cooking meat: is it not done? is it done too much?  But this dish, was a meat dish even I could handle!  I paired it with the Citrusy Sweet Potatoes too and what a combo it was!

PS: I had originally got the idea for this recipe from an Everyday Foods magazine.


Ingredients: (for 2 people)

1 pound of flank steak
Olive oil
Garlic salt
2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh if possible)
1/3 cup chunky soynut butter (PB is fine too, I just love soynut butter)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce


Steps:


1) Brush the steak with olive oil and rub with garlic salt.  (Chef's choice as to how much).  Then cut steak thinly across the grain.

2)  Heat broiler to high and place the rack on the top level.

3) Thread the steak pieces onto skewers and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Metal skewers are better to use as they won't burn like wooden ones can.  Set to the side while you make the sauce.

4)  Sauce: In a small bowl mix together the soynut butter, sugar, soy sauce and lime juice.  The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of water, but I'm pretty sure I forgot it when I was making this.  My sauce was just very thick...but still yummy!

5)  Place the skewers under the broil.  I cooked the beef for about 3-4 minutes, flipped the skewers and continued cooking for about 2-3 minutes.

6)  Serve skewers with sauce on the side and Citrusy Sweet Potatoes!


Beef Skewers with Soynut Butter Sauce

Citrusy Sweet Potatoes



~Eat Well and Be Happy~
  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I need go have a little soynut butter in my life! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete