School has ended, which means my little blog gets much more attention. And to kick off the summer, I have a great dish to share. I originally got the idea from Clean Eating magazine, my absolute favorite magazine for recipes.
We had them as a side dish to our dinner, but they would also make a great appetizer, or a lunch. What's even better, is they are very customizable to suit your taste buds! (C gave these a 10 too).
1 cup shredded broccoli shaw (carrots, broccoli, red cabbage)
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 cup mango chunks
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
12 rice paper sheets (I only used 8, but they come in a pack of 12)
|Someone wanted to help.|
|Keeping my feet warm|
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients except for the rice paper.
2. Take a shallow dish (like a casserole dish) and fill it with warm water and place to the side. Lay a damp tea towel on your work station (dining room table for me).
3. Take 1 sheet of the rice paper and soak it in the water for 15 seconds. Then remove it and blot it with the damp tea towel. It should be sticky.
4. Using a spoon, place filling across the center, in a line.
6. Fold over one long side, then roll over the remaining wrapper.
7. Serve with soy sauce on the side.
~Eat Well and Be Happy~