Monday, July 9, 2012

Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry

Ok here are 3 weird food facts about me:

1.  I hate chicken.
2.  I hate sausage.
3.  I LOVE chicken sausages.


Don't ask me why, but I am just loving the All Natural Chicken Sausages (especially the spinach and garlic ones).  This recipes combines the delicious (and a staple in our household) Tofu Veggie Stir Fry, with Chicken Sausages.


Ingredients: (amounts will vary depending on taste preference and number of people... this serves 2 people with leftovers!)

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 packages of chicken sausages (I prefer Spinach/Garlic) chopped
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped carrots
1 small package of sugar snap peas
1 avocado
Favorite package of brown rice



Sauce: See Tofu Veggie Stir Fry Sauce



Steps:


1.  Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium high.  Once hot, add in sausages until lightly browned.  They are already pre-cooked, so this only takes about 3-5 minutes.



2.  Add in broccoli and carrots and cook covered for about 8 minutes.


3.  Cut the pea pods in half and add to the mixture next.

4.  Serve with your favorite brown rice.  I love the Uncle Ben's 90 second Whole Grain - it's fast, easy, and delicious!

5.  Top each dish with half of an avocado and serve with sauce on the side.



~Eat Well and Be Happy~


3 comments:

  1. Hah! The first couple lines cracked me up ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are your Mother's daughter!So well said about chicken and sausage but I,too, LOVE the Natural Chicken Sausages. Dad grilled them this weekend with fresh lemon squeezed on top........yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually am a big fan of chicken sausage as well! I feel like it tends to have a better flavor than chicken OR sausage!

    ReplyDelete