While it was still a beautiful place, and we had a great day, it was $14 PER PERSON just to enter, and then $2.50 a pound for your fruit. We got about 25-30 pieces of fruit, and paid $25 for just the fruit! I think what made me so upset was there wasn't even any apple cider donuts!! Those are like my once a year treat that I always look so forward too.
So with the apples we did pick, I made a delicious dinner. Plus, as a fun evening activity we made an apple pie together! Yes, I actually shared the kitchen and we made it together.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1-2 apples, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
pork (fat trimmed)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Make the glaze... add the syrup and balsamic to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue to stir for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and set to the side.
3) Drizzle a small amount of oil on the bottom of a baking dish. Add in chopped apples and onion.
4) Rub the pork with some sea salt and minced garlic (chef's choice on amount).
5) Place the pork on top of the apples/onions and drizzle the glaze on top. Be sure to flip the pork so the glaze gets on both sides.
6) Bake until the meat thermometer reads about 150 degrees (about 10 minutes).
7) Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes.
What's your favorite apple picking place??? Have a better experience that we did???
~Eat Well and Be Happy~