|The finished product from the balcony|
4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
Fresh Baby Spinach
Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Vinegar (This was a speciality item we found at Whole Food Market that is like liquid gold!)
Naples Nirvana Salad:
1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
10-12 Grape Tomatoes
1/2 can Garbonzo Beans (Chick Peas)
Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Vinegar
1) Turn the broiler on low, and keep the door slightly ajar. Start with the portobello mushroom caps. Pull off the stems so they are able to lay flat. Be sure to wash the mushrooms well because remember they are grown in "organic matter." Spray pan with Pam. Add a pinch of sea salt and garlic powder to the caps and let rest.
2) Cut the tofu into about 1/8 inch thick pieces. I cut four pieces, one for each mushroom. Remember to squeeze out as much water as possible and to store the left over tofu in a tupperware filled with water. Cook the tofu on medium heat, flip after 5-7 minutes. The tofu is done after both sides have a golden color to them.
3) Place the pan of mushrooms on the top rack. After about 10 minutes, flip the caps over. The second side will only take about 3-5 minutes. If the mushrooms are finished before everything else is done (as it happened to me) turn off the oven and keep on the bottom rack until you are ready to serve.
4) While those are cooking, make the Naples Nirvana Salad. Add the carrots and beans to a large bowl. Then move onto the cucumber. My mom, being the one just watching the cooking this time (which is a VERY rare event) wanted the cucumbers striated. So that's what I did... Basically use your knife to slice stripes off the skin. Then thinly slice the cucumber and cut into fourths.
5) Next chop the scallions and cut the grape tomatoes in half. Don't forget to continually check the tofu and the mushroom caps.
Insert here: Mommy says "More wine please..."
6) Next slice each half of the avocado and combine with the rest of the salad in the bowl.
7) Add a dash (or 2-3, it's Chefs' Choice) of sea salt and olive oil. Then it's time for (said with a French accent) La Piece De Resistance... The Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Vinegar. I used about 2 tablespoons of it for the salad.
8) Set the salad to the side and assembly the mushrooms: Mushroom cap, tofu, spinach, feta. Drizzle with olive oil and the vinegar (a spoon would probably help this). Top with a dash of sea salt.
9) Serve with Olive Bread (be sure to add your favorite dipping oil to the side too!)
~Eat Well and Be Happy~